The Riders welcome Tawny Weber to the hot seat today. Tawny will give away a copy of NICE & NAUGHTY to one lucky commenter, so show her some love in the comments!
‘Tis The Season
I love December. I love the weather, as sucky as it often is. I love the fact that I have three family birthdays this month, all wonderful and fun to celebrate. I love the holiday season, with all the tradition and secrets and good cheer. And I love that I have a new book out! My latest Harlequin Blaze, NICE & NAUGHTY is on the shelves now – yay.
One of the themes in my story, NICE & NAUGHTY, was doing for others… to the point that you do nothing for yourself. My heroine, Jade, had sidelined all of her hopes and dreams to care for her mother. She spent all of her free time during the holidays meeting expectations and doing the right thing. Finally, she made a Christmas wish. It went like this:
As Jade pressed out the first dozen starshaped cookies, she pretended they were flying across the sky and made a Christmas wish.
Please, let a sexy, gorgeous man sweep into her life just long enough to fulfill her every sexual fantasy. Give her enough good loving to last until she’d sorted out the rest of her life, then scootch on out without any hard feelings, leaving things simple and complication free.
And if she couldn’t have the latter two parts of the wish, she’d settle on having a few of those sexual fantasies come true.
After all, she’d been a really good girl. Wasn’t it time she had a chance to be a little bad?
Taking a tip from Jade’s experiences, I think we need to give to ourselves this time of year, too.
So my five favorite ‘Tis The Season tips are:
- Read novellas. I can usually read an novella in a single sitting, while waiting for my daughter to get out of art class, while stirring a pot of boiling caramel, or if it’s on my eReader, while waiting in long shopping lines.
- Sit on Santa’s lap. Yes, it’s more fun if he’s a hunky Santa, maybe shirtless and sporting a delicious six-pack… um, sorry, I got distracted there. So, yeah, sit on Santa’s lap and make a wish. Ask for something you’d never get for yourself, but that you really want.
- Revel in the traditions. The holidays can be frantic, but they can also be magical. So take the time to enjoy what they mean to you.
- Judiciously prune the traditions, expectations and demands that stress you out. Yes, sometimes we do have to go to that family gathering that we don’t want to, or attend an obligatory party that we’ll be bored to death at. But often, there are a lot of things we do out of habit, or because we think we should but nobody else cares if we do or not. I try to take a look at my crazy holiday list and schedule and over each item I ask myself why I’m doing it. Love is always a good reason!
- Pamper yourself. A holiday pedicure, a massage between shopping trips, a long lunch with the girlfriends that includes decadent chocolate desserts. ‘Tis the season to give to yourself, too!
How about you? Do you have any holiday tips that you use to make sure you get through the season smiling and filled with joy? And I’ve gotta ask, have you ever made a wish on a star that wasn’t in the sky? Oh, say in cookie form, perhaps?
Tawny Weber has been writing sassy, sexy romances since her first Harlequin Blaze hit the shelves in 2007. A fan of Johnny Depp, cupcakes and color coordination, she spends a lot of her time shopping for cute shoes, scrapbooking and hanging out on Facebook.
Come by and visit her website at www.tawnyweber.com for hunky contests, delicious recipes and lots of fun.